Central Virginia Comprehensive Treatment Centers consists of two leading providers of medically-supervised medication assisted treatment, Lynchburg Comprehensive Treatment Center and Roanoke Comprehensive Treatment Center. The medication assisted treatment we offer on an outpatient basis is delivered to men and women, aged 18 and older, who are battling an addiction to opioids, such as heroin, prescription painkillers, and morphine.
The medication assisted treatment offered at our centers is individualized to meet the specific needs of each patient. Offered at both our Lynchburg and Roanoke locations, the following medications may be implemented into a patient’s treatment plan:
- Methadone is a synthetic medication that prevents opioid cravings and prevents the onset of symptoms of withdrawal.
- Subutex, with buprenorphine as its active ingredient, reduces cravings for opioids and diminishes the symptoms of withdrawal by blocking the effects of opioids within an individual’s brain.
Offered at our Lynchburg location, the following medication is provided in addition to methadone and Subutex:
- Vivitrol is a medication that is administered via injection. Both non-narcotic and non-addictive, Vivitrol contains naltrexone and is used to treat an opioid addiction and prevent future relapse.
Offered at our Roanoke location, the following medication is provided in addition to methadone and Subutex:
- Suboxone works to reduce both opioid cravings and withdrawal symptoms. With the active ingredients of naloxone and buprenorphine, Suboxone also causes the onset of withdrawal symptoms should a person attempt to abuse opioids during his or her medication assisted treatment.
While the implementation of these medications is proven effective in the successful treatment of opioid addictions, at Central Virginia Comprehensive Treatment Centers, we believe that the emotional and psychological component of addiction must be addressed as well in order for true recovery to be achieved. In order to address these components, the following therapeutic interventions are available to patients:
- Group therapy provides patients with an opportunity to come together with peers to discuss any concerns they are facing and successes they have achieved. These counselor-led sessions are a prime time for patients to gain support and learn from others who have faced similar trials, while also offering their own support to others who need it.
- Individual therapy is a time for patients to meet one-to-one with a counselor to process through the thoughts and emotions that they experience as they work through their individualized medication assisted treatment program. This is also a time for patients to process through any setbacks that may arise and to celebrate any and all successes.
By engaging in the thorough care provided by Central Virginia Comprehensive Treatment Centers, individuals are able to overcome their addiction to opioids and realize the bright and happy futures that they deserve.